Hiring a Home Remodeling Contractor in Bessemer Alabama
So you have finally decided that it’s time to find a home remodeling contractor in Bessemer AL for a kitchen or bathroom makeover. Or maybe you decided that it’s time to start that basement finishing project that you have been putting off for too long. But now that you have made your decision, just how do you find and hire a company that will complete your project to your satisfaction? And, most importantly, complete it at a price that you can afford? A residential general contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger home improvement or construction company. They should offer a wide range of services and have an excellent reputation for quality work at reasonable prices. And for your convenience, you should be able to receive quotes prior to making your final decision. That way you will avoid surprises by knowing how much the job will cost before work begins. So now that you know what you want, let’s take a look at how you can find and hire a professional home improvement contractor.
Home Makeover Services
As previously mentioned, it is important to find a remodeling specialist that offers a wide range of services. They should be able to handle all facets of the makeover, including carpentry, plumbing and electrical work. Most Bessemer AL contractors can offer their services for any area of your home. Following is a partial list of some of those service offered by most companies in your area. This list is not all inclusive, so if there is a service that you are interested not listed, be sure to inquire with your quote request.
- Home Repairs and Restoration
- Home Remodeling
- Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling
- Garage and Basement Remodeling
- Home Additions
- Major Renovations for Multiple Rooms
- Renovations to Accommodate a Disability
- Partial or Complete Rebuild or Construction
In general , any service related to the improvement of your home can be accommodated by a local Bessemer AL home makeover professional.
Choosing a Remodeling Contractor
Before hiring a general contractor for home remodeling, you need to be sure to properly vet the service so that you are confident you have chosen a skilled and reputable professional. Most Cities and States do have laws in place that provide some protection by establishing minimum standards and licensing for remodeling companies. However, although Bessemer AL remodelers must abide by these laws, they do not always do so. And they do not guarantee that you will not be the victim of poor or shoddy workmanship, delays, or just plain bad results. So for your own protection, be sure to use the following guidelines to properly vet your potential remodeling expert before hiring him or her for your kitchen, bathroom or basement project.
- Get referrals. Asking for referrals from satisfied customers is one of the best ways to find a reputable and professional Bessemer AL home remodeling contractor. Asking friends and family members who have used a remodeling company is always a good place to start. You can also ask contractors that you have worked with if they can recommend a good company. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area. They will also ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free no obligation quotes by clicking the request form on this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, Bessemer or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews, such as Google + Local and Yelp, and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take to complete the job or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Bessemer AL remodeling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they recommend this Bessemer AL contractor to friends or family?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Bessemer AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the issuing insurance company and very that the policies are current. Ask if they will obtain the Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Bessemer Alabama Interesting Facts
Bessemer is a city southwest of Birmingham in Jefferson County, Alabama, United States. The population was 27,456 at the 2010 Census. It is within the Birmingham-Hoover, AL Metropolitan Statistical Area, of which Jefferson County is the center. It developed rapidly as an industrial city in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
The town was founded in the postbellum era by the Bessemer Land and Improvement Company, named after Henry Bessemer and owned by coal magnate Henry F. DeBardeleben. He had inherited Daniel Pratt's investments. The mayor and councilmen voted to incorporate the city of Bessemer on September 9, 1887. Located 16 miles southwest of Birmingham, Bessemer grew rapidly and its promoters believed that it might overtake the other city in economic power.
Given the iron ore, coal and limestone deposits in the area, the city became a center of steelmaking from about 1890 through the 20th century. It attracted rural migrants from across the South, as well as European immigrants. By the 1950s, the city was majority African American in population.
Bessemer is situated in the midst of the iron ore and limestone district of Alabama, in the southern part of Jones Valley (about 3 miles (4.8 km) wide). Iron ore was mined on the hills on the city's southeast side, coal was (and still is) mined to the north and west, and limestone deposits were also nearby. All three ingredients were necessary for steelmaking, which led to the area becoming a major steel center from about 1890 through the twentieth century. Steel is no longer made within the city limits, but is still manufactured in the neighboring city of Fairfield.
Choose the Right Bessemer AL General Contractor
Well there you have it. Now that you have decided to give your home a makeover, it’s not as hard to find and hire a professional home remodeling contractor as you thought. If you follow the steps outlined in this article you can ensure that the home improvement company you hire will do the job right and at a price you can afford. In fact, you can request your free quotes from the preferred referral service on this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed home remodelers servicing Bessemer AL. So what are you waiting for? Find the right professional at the right price now!
More Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 5
Bing: Bessemer AL Home Remodeling Contractors Search results
Top 10 Best Bessemer AL Home Remodeling Contractors ...
We are licensed by the State of Alabama as a Commercial General Contractor and as a Residential Home Builder / Remodeler and are fully insured with both General Liability Insurance and Workers Compensation.
5 Best Remodeling Contractors - Bessemer AL | Home Additions
Hire the Best Addition and Remodeling Contractors in Bessemer, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 53 Homeowner Reviews of Top Bessemer Addition and Remodeling Contractors. Bath Planet of Birmingham, Counter Dimensions, Inc., Durante Companies, Inc., Syntreme, Inc., Greatview Sunrooms and Siding, Inc. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Best Home Repair & General Contractors - Bessemer AL
Ideas & Inspiration from Bessemer Addition & Remodeling Contractors Complete basement remodel,sheetrock walls, drop ceilings, tile floors, full bath, laundry room, storage rooms etc.... Full basement finish of 1500+. Added a large recreation room, full wet bar, bedroom, office, and bathroom....
Southern Home Remodeling, LLC | Bessemer, AL | Home ...
Southern Home Remodeling, LLC, is a home improvement company serving Birmingham area homeowners with construction and remodeling services that last. Call (205) 434-0883.
Contractors in Bessemer - Yelp
Find the best Contractors on Yelp: search reviews of 535 Bessemer businesses by price, type, or location.
Best 30 Home Remodeling Contractors in Bessemer, AL with ...
Home Remodeling Contractors in Bessemer on YP.com. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Altering & Remodeling Contractors in Bessemer, AL.
Globalecoev. Remodeling Contractor - Bessemer, AL ...
Bessemer, AL - Remodeling Contractor. Professionals. Cabinet Makers Carpenters Deck Builders Drywall Contractors Electricians Fencing Companies. Garage Door Companies General Contractors Gutter Companies Handyman Services Home Inspectors Home Security Companies.
The 10 Best Remodeling Contractors in Bessemer, AL 2020 ...
Top 25 Remodeling ContrACtors in Bessemer, AL. A-1 Phillips Painting Company We do all and any types of painting decks pressure washing high end paint companyRead more. D W Fox Construction Inc.
The 10 Best Remodeling Contractors in Bessemer, AL 2019
Here is the definitive list of Bessemer's remodeling contractors as rated by the Bessemer, AL community. ... Log in. Home. Join as a pro. Sign up. Log in. Find a remodeling contractor near Bessemer, AL 100+ near you. Find a remodeling contractor near Bessemer, AL. 100+ near you. Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro ...