Hiring a Home Remodeling Contractor in Glendale Arizona
So you have finally decided that it’s time to find a home remodeling contractor in Glendale AZ for a kitchen or bathroom makeover. Or maybe you decided that it’s time to start that basement finishing project that you have been putting off for too long. But now that you have made your decision, just how do you find and hire a company that will complete your project to your satisfaction? And, most importantly, complete it at a price that you can afford? A residential general contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger home improvement or construction company. They should offer a wide range of services and have an excellent reputation for quality work at reasonable prices. And for your convenience, you should be able to receive quotes prior to making your final decision. That way you will avoid surprises by knowing how much the job will cost before work begins. So now that you know what you want, let’s take a look at how you can find and hire a professional home improvement contractor.
Home Makeover Services
As previously mentioned, it is important to find a remodeling specialist that offers a wide range of services. They should be able to handle all facets of the makeover, including carpentry, plumbing and electrical work. Most Glendale AZ contractors can offer their services for any area of your home. Following is a partial list of some of those service offered by most companies in your area. This list is not all inclusive, so if there is a service that you are interested not listed, be sure to inquire with your quote request.
- Home Repairs and Restoration
- Home Remodeling
- Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling
- Garage and Basement Remodeling
- Home Additions
- Major Renovations for Multiple Rooms
- Renovations to Accommodate a Disability
- Partial or Complete Rebuild or Construction
In general , any service related to the improvement of your home can be accommodated by a local Glendale AZ home makeover professional.
Choosing a Remodeling Contractor
Before hiring a general contractor for home remodeling, you need to be sure to properly vet the service so that you are confident you have chosen a skilled and reputable professional. Most Cities and States do have laws in place that provide some protection by establishing minimum standards and licensing for remodeling companies. However, although Glendale AZ remodelers must abide by these laws, they do not always do so. And they do not guarantee that you will not be the victim of poor or shoddy workmanship, delays, or just plain bad results. So for your own protection, be sure to use the following guidelines to properly vet your potential remodeling expert before hiring him or her for your kitchen, bathroom or basement project.
- Get referrals. Asking for referrals from satisfied customers is one of the best ways to find a reputable and professional Glendale AZ home remodeling contractor. Asking friends and family members who have used a remodeling company is always a good place to start. You can also ask contractors that you have worked with if they can recommend a good company. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area. They will also ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free no obligation quotes by clicking the request form on this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Arizona, Glendale or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Arizona Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews, such as Google + Local and Yelp, and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take to complete the job or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Glendale AZ remodeling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they recommend this Glendale AZ contractor to friends or family?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Glendale AZ home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the issuing insurance company and very that the policies are current. Ask if they will obtain the Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Glendale Arizona Interesting Facts
Glendale /ˈɡlɛndeɪl/ is a city in Maricopa County, Arizona, United States, located about nine miles (14 km) northwest from Downtown Phoenix. According to the 2010 census, the population of the city is 226,721.
In the late 1800s what is now known as Glendale, Arizona, was all desert. William John Murphy, a native of New Hartford, New York, who resided in the town of Flagstaff in what was then known as the territory of Arizona, was in charge of building a 40-mile-long (64 km) Arizona Canal from Granite Reef to New River for the Arizona Canal Company. In 1885, he completed the canal, which would bring water to the desert land. Murphy was deep in debt, since he had agreed to be paid in Arizona Canal Company stock and bonds and land instead of cash.
In 1887, Murphy formed the Arizona Improvement Company. His objective was to sell the land and water rights south of the canal. Murphy had to raise capital from out of state sources in order to meet payroll and construction expenses. Murphy decided to refer to this land as "Glendale". In order to develop and interest potential investors and settlers in this new town, Murphy decided to provide a better way of access from Phoenix to Glendale and ending in the town of Peoria by building an 18-mile-long (29 km) diagonal road which he named Grand Avenue.
In 1891, Burgess Hadsell worked with Murphy to bring 70 Brethren and River Brethren families to Glendale to form a temperance colony. Soon settlers, attracted by the town's ban on alcoholic beverages, continued to arrive. In 1895, Murphy platted the original town site and amended the plat to include a town park and some business lots. It was bounded by Lamar Road on the south, 55th Avenue on the east, Myrtle Avenue on the north, and 59th Avenue on the west. The construction of a railroad from Prescott to Phoenix was made possible with an exchange of the right-of-way made by Murphy along Grand Avenue. The railroad allowed Glendale settlers to transport goods to the north and easily receive building materials.
Choose the Right Glendale AZ General Contractor
Well there you have it. Now that you have decided to give your home a makeover, it’s not as hard to find and hire a professional home remodeling contractor as you thought. If you follow the steps outlined in this article you can ensure that the home improvement company you hire will do the job right and at a price you can afford. In fact, you can request your free quotes from the preferred referral service on this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed home remodelers servicing Glendale AZ. So what are you waiting for? Find the right professional at the right price now!
More Cities in Arizona
Business Results 1 - 10 of 221
Bing: Glendale AZ Home Remodeling Contractors Search results
24 Best Remodeling Contractors - Glendale AZ | Home Additions
Hire the Best Addition and Remodeling Contractors in Glendale, AZ on HomeAdvisor. We Have 602 Homeowner Reviews of Top Glendale Addition and Remodeling Contractors. Pro.com Home Services Arizona, Denix Construction, LLC, Mountain West Contracting, LLC, Bandeleros Maintenance Services, LLC, Fair and Square Remodeling, Inc. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Home Remodeling & Construction Contractor in Glendale, AZ ...
Glendale, AZ Home Remodeling & Construction Contractor XLT Construction, Inc., is a full-service remodeling and construction company in Phoenix Arizona area committed to treating our clients the way we would want to be treated.
THE BEST 10 Contractors in Glendale, AZ - Last Updated ...
Best Contractors in Glendale, AZ - Sunset Tile & Bath, Details Remodeling, EcoScape Constructors, Drywall Perfection, D&D Construction, The Handy Connection, Brandi Carpet, Dynamite, Trinity Homes AZ, Gordon Enterprises Contracting, VETSBuilt…
9 Best Bathroom Remodeling Contractors - Glendale AZ ...
Bathroom Remodelers in Glendale, AZ. ... Prescreened Bathroom Remodeling Contractors in Glendale, AZ. Are You a Quality Pro? Join Our Network . Denix Construction, LLC. 55 Verified Ratings (480) 567-9673. ... I am always hesitant when hiring someone to come into my home, but Mr. Exile rand his team came in and did an outstanding job and I would ...
Best 30 Contractors in Glendale, AZ with Reviews - YP.com
Local Contractors in Glendale, AZ. Compare expert Contractors, read reviews, and find contact information - THE REAL YELLOW PAGES® ... Home AZ Glendale Contractors. Contractors in Glendale, AZ CCPA. About Search Results. ... From Business: Whether you are looking to remodel your existing home, or need new construction, its important to choose ...
Best Remodeling Contractors - Glendale AZ | Home Additions
Hire the Best Addition and Remodeling Contractors in Glendale, AZ on HomeAdvisor. We Have 843 Homeowner Reviews of Top Glendale Addition and Remodeling Contractors. JandB Construction and Maintenance Services. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Top 10 Best Glendale AZ Home Remodeling Contractors ...
Find Top-Rated Glendale Home Remodeling Contractors There are 217 top-rated home remodeling contractors in your area. ... AZ area.We build beautiful custom homes that all your friends and family are sure to admire.Our experienced and dedicated team has the versatile skills to handle any home project. A. 5.
The 10 Best Remodeling Contractors in Glendale, AZ 2019 ...
Located in Glendale, Arizona, BCC Construction is a family-owned, locally operated general contractor providing all construction services including restoration and renovation of both new and previously owned residential and commercial properties.
The 10 Best Home Remodeling Contractors in Glendale, AZ 2019
Try Excel Construction if you need one of the best residential contractors who provide bathroom remodel, kitchen remodel, and home remodeling services. Take a look at their good customer reviews. Get connected to Excel Construction and try their house remodeling expertise today.
9 Best Home Repair & General Contractors - Glendale AZ
Hire the Best General Contractors in Glendale, AZ on HomeAdvisor. Compare Homeowner Reviews from 9 Top Glendale Major Home Repairs services. Get Quotes & Book Instantly.