Hiring a Home Remodeling Contractor in Walnut Cove North Carolina
So you have finally decided that it’s time to find a home remodeling contractor in Walnut Cove NC for a kitchen or bathroom makeover. Or maybe you decided that it’s time to start that basement finishing project that you have been putting off for too long. But now that you have made your decision, just how do you find and hire a company that will complete your project to your satisfaction? And, most importantly, complete it at a price that you can afford? A residential general contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger home improvement or construction company. They should offer a wide range of services and have an excellent reputation for quality work at reasonable prices. And for your convenience, you should be able to receive quotes prior to making your final decision. That way you will avoid surprises by knowing how much the job will cost before work begins. So now that you know what you want, let’s take a look at how you can find and hire a professional home improvement contractor.
Home Makeover Services
As previously mentioned, it is important to find a remodeling specialist that offers a wide range of services. They should be able to handle all facets of the makeover, including carpentry, plumbing and electrical work. Most Walnut Cove NC contractors can offer their services for any area of your home. Following is a partial list of some of those service offered by most companies in your area. This list is not all inclusive, so if there is a service that you are interested not listed, be sure to inquire with your quote request.
- Home Repairs and Restoration
- Home Remodeling
- Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling
- Garage and Basement Remodeling
- Home Additions
- Major Renovations for Multiple Rooms
- Renovations to Accommodate a Disability
- Partial or Complete Rebuild or Construction
In general , any service related to the improvement of your home can be accommodated by a local Walnut Cove NC home makeover professional.
Choosing a Remodeling Contractor
Before hiring a general contractor for home remodeling, you need to be sure to properly vet the service so that you are confident you have chosen a skilled and reputable professional. Most Cities and States do have laws in place that provide some protection by establishing minimum standards and licensing for remodeling companies. However, although Walnut Cove NC remodelers must abide by these laws, they do not always do so. And they do not guarantee that you will not be the victim of poor or shoddy workmanship, delays, or just plain bad results. So for your own protection, be sure to use the following guidelines to properly vet your potential remodeling expert before hiring him or her for your kitchen, bathroom or basement project.
- Get referrals. Asking for referrals from satisfied customers is one of the best ways to find a reputable and professional Walnut Cove NC home remodeling contractor. Asking friends and family members who have used a remodeling company is always a good place to start. You can also ask contractors that you have worked with if they can recommend a good company. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area. They will also ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free no obligation quotes by clicking the request form on this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in North Carolina, Walnut Cove or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the North Carolina Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews, such as Google + Local and Yelp, and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take to complete the job or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Walnut Cove NC remodeling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they recommend this Walnut Cove NC contractor to friends or family?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Walnut Cove NC home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the issuing insurance company and very that the policies are current. Ask if they will obtain the Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Walnut Cove North Carolina Interesting Facts
Walnut Cove, North Carolina
It is the home of Family Pharmacy and the Walnut Cove Springfest which draws many visitors to the area. Festival-organizers marked 1889, the town’s incorporation date, but the town’s roots date to the mid-18th century when it was known as Town Fork. Town Fork settlers formed a bond with Moravians in Bethania and Bethabara. Eventually, William Lash, a Moravian settler at Bethania, bought land along the Town Fork Creek, which later developed into a large plantation named Walnut Cove. The Town was a railroad center in its former years, and today remnants of the old Train Depot still stand on Depot Street.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,465 people, 585 households, and 374 families residing in the town. The population density was 608.5 people per square mile (234.7/km²). There were 636 housing units at an average density of 264.2 per square mile (101.9/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 79.39% White, 19.11% African American, 0.14% Native American, 0.14% Asian, 0.34% from other races, and 0.89% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.96% of the population.
There were 585 households out of which 26.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 46.2% were married couples living together, 15.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 35.9% were non-families. 32.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 15.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.24 and the average family size was 2.83.
In the town, the population was spread out with 19.5% under the age of 18, 6.3% from 18 to 24, 24.6% from 25 to 44, 22.8% from 45 to 64, and 26.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 45 years. For every 100 females there were 80.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 73.1 males.
Choose the Right Walnut Cove NC General Contractor
Well there you have it. Now that you have decided to give your home a makeover, it’s not as hard to find and hire a professional home remodeling contractor as you thought. If you follow the steps outlined in this article you can ensure that the home improvement company you hire will do the job right and at a price you can afford. In fact, you can request your free quotes from the preferred referral service on this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed home remodelers servicing Walnut Cove NC. So what are you waiting for? Find the right professional at the right price now!
More Cities in North Carolina
Business Results 1 - 10 of 31
Bing: Walnut Cove NC Home Remodeling Contractors Search results
Best 30 Remodeling Contractors in Walnut Cove, NC with ...
Remodeling Contractors in Walnut Cove on YP.com. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Altering & Remodeling Contractors in Walnut Cove, NC.
Remodel Contractors near Walnut Cove, NC | Better Business ...
BBB Directory of Remodel Contractors near Walnut Cove, NC. BBB Start with Trust ®. Your guide to trusted BBB Ratings, customer reviews and BBB Accredited businesses.
3 Best Remodeling Contractors - Walnut Cove NC | Home ...
Hire the Best Addition and Remodeling Contractors in Walnut Cove, NC on HomeAdvisor. We Have 72 Homeowner Reviews of Top Walnut Cove Addition and Remodeling Contractors. D. L. Peoples Construction, Inc., TNT Construction, Walker and Sons Building and Development, Inc. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
The 10 Best Remodeling Contractors in Walnut Cove, NC 2020 ...
Who should I hire if I need Remodeling Contractors in Walnut Cove? Right now there are about 50 companies in and around Walnut Cove ready to help you with your remodeling contractors project. Below we've listed a few of the top Remodeling Contractors on Porch: PENNMAN CONSTRUCTION LLC; St Laurent Carpentry; Beck & Son's LLC
Best 30 Altering Remodeling Contractors in Walnut Cove, NC ...
Altering Remodeling Contractors in Walnut Cove on YP.com. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Altering & Remodeling Contractors in Walnut Cove, NC.
2 Best Home Repair & General Contractors - Walnut Cove NC
Unscreened Addition & Remodeling Contractors in Walnut Cove, North Carolina Whitley's Custom Builders 644 Willow St. Mount Airy, NC 27030 Bell Star, Inc. P.O. Box 1461 Pilot Mountain, NC 27041 New Image Home Designs, LLC 272 Hickery St., Unit 900 Mount Airy, NC 27030
Willard home improvement. Remodeling Contractor - Walnut ...
See past project info for Willard home improvement including photos, cost and more. Walnut Cove, NC - Remodeling Contractor. Professionals. Appliance Installation Services Architect Carpenter Carpet Cleaner Chimney Sweep Cleaner Concrete Contractor Deck Contractor Door Contractor Drywall Contractor.
Top 7 Best Walnut Cove NC Home Remodeling Contractors ...
Join for FREE to read real reviews and see ratings for Walnut Cove, NC Home Remodeling Contractors near you to help pick the right pro Remodeling Contractor. Top 7 Best Walnut Cove NC Home Remodeling Contractors | Angie's List