Hiring a Home Remodeling Contractor in Craig Alaska
So you have finally decided that it’s time to find a home remodeling contractor in Craig AK for a kitchen or bathroom makeover. Or maybe you decided that it’s time to start that basement finishing project that you have been putting off for too long. But now that you have made your decision, just how do you find and hire a company that will complete your project to your satisfaction? And, most importantly, complete it at a price that you can afford? A residential general contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger home improvement or construction company. They should offer a wide range of services and have an excellent reputation for quality work at reasonable prices. And for your convenience, you should be able to receive quotes prior to making your final decision. That way you will avoid surprises by knowing how much the job will cost before work begins. So now that you know what you want, let’s take a look at how you can find and hire a professional home improvement contractor.
Home Makeover Services
As previously mentioned, it is important to find a remodeling specialist that offers a wide range of services. They should be able to handle all facets of the makeover, including carpentry, plumbing and electrical work. Most Craig AK contractors can offer their services for any area of your home. Following is a partial list of some of those service offered by most companies in your area. This list is not all inclusive, so if there is a service that you are interested not listed, be sure to inquire with your quote request.
- Home Repairs and Restoration
- Home Remodeling
- Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling
- Garage and Basement Remodeling
- Home Additions
- Major Renovations for Multiple Rooms
- Renovations to Accommodate a Disability
- Partial or Complete Rebuild or Construction
In general , any service related to the improvement of your home can be accommodated by a local Craig AK home makeover professional.
Choosing a Remodeling Contractor
Before hiring a general contractor for home remodeling, you need to be sure to properly vet the service so that you are confident you have chosen a skilled and reputable professional. Most Cities and States do have laws in place that provide some protection by establishing minimum standards and licensing for remodeling companies. However, although Craig AK remodelers must abide by these laws, they do not always do so. And they do not guarantee that you will not be the victim of poor or shoddy workmanship, delays, or just plain bad results. So for your own protection, be sure to use the following guidelines to properly vet your potential remodeling expert before hiring him or her for your kitchen, bathroom or basement project.
- Get referrals. Asking for referrals from satisfied customers is one of the best ways to find a reputable and professional Craig AK home remodeling contractor. Asking friends and family members who have used a remodeling company is always a good place to start. You can also ask contractors that you have worked with if they can recommend a good company. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area. They will also ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free no obligation quotes by clicking the request form on this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alaska, Craig or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alaska Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews, such as Google + Local and Yelp, and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take to complete the job or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Craig AK remodeling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they recommend this Craig AK contractor to friends or family?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Craig AK home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the issuing insurance company and very that the policies are current. Ask if they will obtain the Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Craig Alaska Interesting Facts
Craig (Tlingit: Sháan Séet) is a first-class city in the Prince of Wales-Hyder Census Area in the Unorganized BoroughA[›] in the U.S. state of Alaska. The population was 1,201 at the 2010 census.
Craig is the largest town on Prince of Wales Island, the fourth largest island in the USA. Craig is approximately 56 miles (90 km) by air northwest of Ketchikan and 220 miles (350 km) south of Juneau.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 9.4 square miles (24.3 km2), of which, 6.7 square miles (17.4 km2) of it is land and 2.7 square miles (7.0 km2) of it (28.94%) is water.
Craig was named after Craig Miller (also spelled Millar) who established a fish saltery on nearby Fish Egg Island in 1907 with the assistance of the local Haida natives who moved onto Prince of Wales Island, being driven from Haida Gwaii (British Columbia's Queen Charlotte Islands) starting in the 18th century. Craig Miller constructed a cold storage plant and packing company at the present site of Craig, and in 1922 was instrumental in the incorporation of the city (originally as an Alaska second-class city within the Alaska Territory, pre-statehood).
Choose the Right Craig AK General Contractor
Well there you have it. Now that you have decided to give your home a makeover, it’s not as hard to find and hire a professional home remodeling contractor as you thought. If you follow the steps outlined in this article you can ensure that the home improvement company you hire will do the job right and at a price you can afford. In fact, you can request your free quotes from the preferred referral service on this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed home remodelers servicing Craig AK. So what are you waiting for? Find the right professional at the right price now!
More Cities in Alaska
Bing: Craig AK Home Remodeling Contractors Search results
Home Page | Craig Alaska
City of Craig PO Box 725 | Craig, AK 99921 | (907) 826-3275. a municode design
15 Must Ask Questions For Your Contractor | HomeAdvisor
“Customers who ask questions are our favorite customers! They’re prepared, and they’ve done their homework. They’re ready.” So said Ariel Istueta, Director of Marketing for Istueta Roofing in Miami. “It keeps me on my toes when people have a ton of questions,” agreed Craig Gouker, Manager of Craig Gouker Roofing in Pittsburgh.. Knowing there are plenty of important questions you ...
Craigs Construction | ANCHORAGE | Read Reviews + Get a Bid ...
Craigs Construction Their BuildZoom score of 0 does not rank in the top 50% of Alaska contractors. If you are thinking of hiring Craigs Construction, we recommend double-checking their license status with the license board and using our bidding system to get competitive quotes.
16 Best Remodeling Contractors - Anchorage AK | Home Additions
Hire the Best Addition and Remodeling Contractors in Anchorage, AK on HomeAdvisor. We Have 104 Homeowner Reviews of Top Anchorage Addition and Remodeling Contractors. Wood and Timber Design Co. LLC, August West Construction, Avalanche Construction, Inc., Roy Briley Property Services, 84th Street Construction. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Best 15 Altering Remodeling Contractors in Craig, AK with ...
Altering Remodeling Contractors in Craig on YP.com. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Altering & Remodeling Contractors in Craig, AK.
Castle Alliance. Remodeling Contractor - Craig, AK ...
See past project info for Castle Alliance including photos, cost and more. Craig, AK - Remodeling Contractor. Professionals. ... Garage Door Companies General Contractors Gutter Companies Handyman Services Home Inspectors Home Security Companies.
Top 10 Best Anchorage AK Home Remodeling Contractors ...
Read real reviews and see ratings for Anchorage, AK Home Remodeling Contractors for free! This list will help you pick the right pro Home Remodel in Anchorage, AK.
Best 30 Contractors in Craig, AK with Reviews - YP.com
Craig Area. From Business: Sound Construction is a new (innovative) construction company with 5 years of building experience in AK and 10 years of previous exp. in Minnesota. Owner Glen…. 16. Aliberti Construction Inc. General Contractors Altering & Remodeling Contractors Building Construction Consultants.
Craig's Construction. General Contractor - Anchorage, AK ...
See past project info for Craig's Construction including photos, cost and more. Anchorage, AK - General Contractor. Professionals. ... Pest Control & Exterminators Plumbers Remodeling Contractors Roofers Siding Contractors Window Companies. Projects.