Hiring a Home Remodeling Contractor in Duncan Arizona
So you have finally decided that it’s time to find a home remodeling contractor in Duncan AZ for a kitchen or bathroom makeover. Or maybe you decided that it’s time to start that basement finishing project that you have been putting off for too long. But now that you have made your decision, just how do you find and hire a company that will complete your project to your satisfaction? And, most importantly, complete it at a price that you can afford? A residential general contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger home improvement or construction company. They should offer a wide range of services and have an excellent reputation for quality work at reasonable prices. And for your convenience, you should be able to receive quotes prior to making your final decision. That way you will avoid surprises by knowing how much the job will cost before work begins. So now that you know what you want, let’s take a look at how you can find and hire a professional home improvement contractor.
Home Makeover Services
As previously mentioned, it is important to find a remodeling specialist that offers a wide range of services. They should be able to handle all facets of the makeover, including carpentry, plumbing and electrical work. Most Duncan AZ contractors can offer their services for any area of your home. Following is a partial list of some of those service offered by most companies in your area. This list is not all inclusive, so if there is a service that you are interested not listed, be sure to inquire with your quote request.
- Home Repairs and Restoration
- Home Remodeling
- Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling
- Garage and Basement Remodeling
- Home Additions
- Major Renovations for Multiple Rooms
- Renovations to Accommodate a Disability
- Partial or Complete Rebuild or Construction
In general , any service related to the improvement of your home can be accommodated by a local Duncan AZ home makeover professional.
Choosing a Remodeling Contractor
Before hiring a general contractor for home remodeling, you need to be sure to properly vet the service so that you are confident you have chosen a skilled and reputable professional. Most Cities and States do have laws in place that provide some protection by establishing minimum standards and licensing for remodeling companies. However, although Duncan AZ remodelers must abide by these laws, they do not always do so. And they do not guarantee that you will not be the victim of poor or shoddy workmanship, delays, or just plain bad results. So for your own protection, be sure to use the following guidelines to properly vet your potential remodeling expert before hiring him or her for your kitchen, bathroom or basement project.
- Get referrals. Asking for referrals from satisfied customers is one of the best ways to find a reputable and professional Duncan AZ home remodeling contractor. Asking friends and family members who have used a remodeling company is always a good place to start. You can also ask contractors that you have worked with if they can recommend a good company. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area. They will also ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free no obligation quotes by clicking the request form on this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Arizona, Duncan or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Arizona Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews, such as Google + Local and Yelp, and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take to complete the job or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Duncan AZ remodeling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they recommend this Duncan AZ contractor to friends or family?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Duncan AZ home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the issuing insurance company and very that the policies are current. Ask if they will obtain the Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Duncan Arizona Interesting Facts
Duncan is in the Gila River valley, 4 miles (6 km) west of the Arizona-New Mexico border. The town limits are on both sides of the Gila, but the primary portion of the town and the entire downtown area lie on the south side of the river. Duncan was founded in the mid 19th century, and the land was added to the United States as a part of the Mexican Cession. The town of Duncan has been destroyed twice by flood and once by fire.
The town and area are primarily populated by ranchers and miners (especially from the Freeport-McMoran copper mines in southeastern Arizona and southwestern New Mexico). Surrounding smaller towns such as Franklin and York in Arizona and Virden, New Mexico, use Duncan public works and public schools. The Duncan area along the Gila River is renowned for Native American artifacts such as arrow heads, pottery, burial sites, cave paintings and other remnants of the Anasazi and other pre-historic cultures, as well as artifacts from garrison camps of the expedition of Francisco Vázquez de Coronado.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor was born in El Paso, Texas, but grew up near Duncan on the Lazy B ranch, which straddles the border between Arizona and New Mexico. The Day family ran the ranch for many years until selling it; it continues to be run as a ranch. O'Connor later wrote a book titled Lazy B: Growing up on a Cattle Ranch in the American Southwest about her childhood experiences on the ranch with her brother H. Alan Day.
Duncan is located in southern Greenlee County at 32°43′33″N 109°5′52″W / 32.72583°N 109.09778°W / 32.72583; -109.09778 (32.725828, -109.097686).U.S. Route 70 passes through downtown, leading west 39 miles (63 km) to Safford, Arizona, and southeast 35 miles (56 km) to Lordsburg, New Mexico, and Interstate 10. Arizona State Route 75 leads north from Duncan 28 miles (45 km) to Clifton.
Choose the Right Duncan AZ General Contractor
Well there you have it. Now that you have decided to give your home a makeover, it’s not as hard to find and hire a professional home remodeling contractor as you thought. If you follow the steps outlined in this article you can ensure that the home improvement company you hire will do the job right and at a price you can afford. In fact, you can request your free quotes from the preferred referral service on this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed home remodelers servicing Duncan AZ. So what are you waiting for? Find the right professional at the right price now!
More Cities in Arizona
Bing: Duncan AZ Home Remodeling Contractors Search results
10 Best Remodeling Contractors - Duncan SC | Home Additions
Hire the Best Addition and Remodeling Contractors in Duncan, SC on HomeAdvisor. We Have 184 Homeowner Reviews of Top Duncan Addition and Remodeling Contractors. Gary Winterburn General Contractor, Stroman Construction, LLC, Bradley Construction, LLC, Patio Enclosures - Charlotte, Wheelhouse Construction, LLC. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Best 10 Roofing Contractors in Duncan, AZ with Reviews ...
Places near Duncan with Building Contractors Redrock (22 miles) Clifton (25 miles) Morenci (29 miles) Mule Creek (29 miles) Solomon (31 miles) Buckhorn (32 miles) San Simon (32 miles) Cliff (33 miles) Gila (35 miles) Lordsburg (35 miles)
Duncan Roofing | Wittmann AZ | Read Reviews + Get a Bid ...
Although the State of Arizona allows its residents to hire unlicensed contractors, it strongly encourages them to hire licensed contractors for remodeling or construction work. Duncan Roofing Inc currently holds license 176901 (Specialty Dual), which was Inactive when we last checked.
FRED ROBINETTE CONSTRUCTION - Duncan, AZ - Home
Fred Robinette Construction is a general contractor servicing Duncan, AZ and surrounding areas. We specialize in room additions, full renovation projects, kitchen remodeling and bathroom remodeling.
5 Best Remodeling Contractors - Duncan OK | Home Additions
Duncan Addition & Remodeling Contractors are rated 4.74 out of 5 based on 35 reviews of 5 pros. The HomeAdvisor Community Rating is an overall rating based on verified reviews and feedback from our community of homeowners that have been connected with service professionals.
Residential | Town & Country Supply | Contracting
Town & Country Supply | Contracting. 101 Us Hwy 70, Duncan, Arizona 85534, United States (928)359-0400
Best 3 Altering Remodeling Contractors in Duncan, AZ with ...
Altering Remodeling Contractors in Duncan on YP.com. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Altering & Remodeling Contractors in Duncan, AZ.
Town & Country Contracting. General Contractor - Duncan ...
See past project info for Town & Country Contracting including photos, cost and more. Duncan, AZ - General Contractor. Professionals. ... Pest Control & Exterminators Plumbers Remodeling Contractors Roofers Siding Contractors Window Companies. Projects. Project Categories.
Top 10 Best Duncan OK Home Remodeling Contractors | Angie ...
Get matched with top Home Remodeling Contractors in Duncan There are 22 highly-rated local home remodeling contractors . Please enter a valid zip code. Angie's List: Local Reviews: Home Remodeling Contractors : OK: Duncan: Duncan Home Remodeling Contractors .
Duncan's Remodel, LLC. Remodeling Contractor - Laveen, AZ ...
Duncan's Remodel, based in Laveen, is a remodeling specialist that offers sunroom construction, baseboard molding installation, and interior remodeling as well as other services.