Hiring a Home Remodeling Contractor in Excel Alabama
So you have finally decided that it’s time to find a home remodeling contractor in Excel AL for a kitchen or bathroom makeover. Or maybe you decided that it’s time to start that basement finishing project that you have been putting off for too long. But now that you have made your decision, just how do you find and hire a company that will complete your project to your satisfaction? And, most importantly, complete it at a price that you can afford? A residential general contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger home improvement or construction company. They should offer a wide range of services and have an excellent reputation for quality work at reasonable prices. And for your convenience, you should be able to receive quotes prior to making your final decision. That way you will avoid surprises by knowing how much the job will cost before work begins. So now that you know what you want, let’s take a look at how you can find and hire a professional home improvement contractor.
Home Makeover Services
As previously mentioned, it is important to find a remodeling specialist that offers a wide range of services. They should be able to handle all facets of the makeover, including carpentry, plumbing and electrical work. Most Excel AL contractors can offer their services for any area of your home. Following is a partial list of some of those service offered by most companies in your area. This list is not all inclusive, so if there is a service that you are interested not listed, be sure to inquire with your quote request.
- Home Repairs and Restoration
- Home Remodeling
- Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling
- Garage and Basement Remodeling
- Home Additions
- Major Renovations for Multiple Rooms
- Renovations to Accommodate a Disability
- Partial or Complete Rebuild or Construction
In general , any service related to the improvement of your home can be accommodated by a local Excel AL home makeover professional.
Choosing a Remodeling Contractor
Before hiring a general contractor for home remodeling, you need to be sure to properly vet the service so that you are confident you have chosen a skilled and reputable professional. Most Cities and States do have laws in place that provide some protection by establishing minimum standards and licensing for remodeling companies. However, although Excel AL remodelers must abide by these laws, they do not always do so. And they do not guarantee that you will not be the victim of poor or shoddy workmanship, delays, or just plain bad results. So for your own protection, be sure to use the following guidelines to properly vet your potential remodeling expert before hiring him or her for your kitchen, bathroom or basement project.
- Get referrals. Asking for referrals from satisfied customers is one of the best ways to find a reputable and professional Excel AL home remodeling contractor. Asking friends and family members who have used a remodeling company is always a good place to start. You can also ask contractors that you have worked with if they can recommend a good company. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area. They will also ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free no obligation quotes by clicking the request form on this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, Excel or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews, such as Google + Local and Yelp, and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take to complete the job or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Excel AL remodeling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they recommend this Excel AL contractor to friends or family?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Excel AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the issuing insurance company and very that the policies are current. Ask if they will obtain the Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Excel Alabama Interesting Facts
Excel is the birthplace of former University of Alabama and Dallas Cowboys linebacker Lee Roy Jordan. Excel High School (3A) provides education for children in and around the town of Excel. Businesses within the town include Dollar General, post office, a "do-it-yourself" car wash, a laundromat, hardware store, a locally-run diner and one bank.
As of the census of 2010, there were 723 people, 270 households, and 205 families residing in the town. The population density was 425.3 people per square mile (168.1/km2). There were 295 housing units at an average density of 173.5 per square mile (68.6/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 91.1% White, 5.0% Black or African American, 1.4% Native American, 0.1% some other race, and 2.4% from two or more races. 0.7% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 270 households out of which 41.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.6% were headed by married couples living together, 12.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.1% were non-families. 21.5% of all households were made up of individuals, and 10.4% were someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.68, and the average family size was 3.11.
In the town, the population was spread out with 28.5% under the age of 18, 6.8% from 18 to 24, 30.0% from 25 to 44, 20.4% from 45 to 64, and 14.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32.9 years. For every 100 females, there were 91.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 91.5 males.
Choose the Right Excel AL General Contractor
Well there you have it. Now that you have decided to give your home a makeover, it’s not as hard to find and hire a professional home remodeling contractor as you thought. If you follow the steps outlined in this article you can ensure that the home improvement company you hire will do the job right and at a price you can afford. In fact, you can request your free quotes from the preferred referral service on this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed home remodelers servicing Excel AL. So what are you waiting for? Find the right professional at the right price now!
More Cities in Alabama
Bing: Excel AL Home Remodeling Contractors Search results
Home Remodeling and Renovation Services | Excel ...
Home Remodeling and Renovation Services | Excel Constrcution Group. REMODEL admin 2020-03-25T18:47:41+00:00. OFFICE LINE. 844-601-ROOF (7663) LOCATIONS. Dallas: 214-696-6400. McKinney: 469-545-1500. Fort Worth: 817-380-1500. Houston: 844-601-7663.
Excel Remodeling Corporation | Owings Mills, MD 21117 ...
Excel Remodeling Corporation | HomeAdvisor prescreened Roofing Contractors, Siding Contractors in Owings Mills, MD.
Excel Floor Covering. Flooring Contractor - Excel, AL ...
See past project info for Excel Floor Covering including photos, cost and more. Excel, AL - Flooring Contractor. Professionals. ... Contractors Hire Germantown Hills Lawn And Garden Services Contractors Hire Hinsdale Home Automation Specialists Contractors Hire Alsip Home Automation Specialists Contractors The 10 Best Hvac Companies in ...
EXCEL CUSTOM HOMES OF ROCHESTER INC. General Contractor ...
See past project info for EXCEL CUSTOM HOMES OF ROCHESTER INC. including photos, cost and more. Rochester, MN - General Contractor
Bath Remodeling Excel AL - Find Home Remodeling ...
In general , any service related to the improvement of your home can be accommodated by a local Excel AL home makeover professional. Choosing a Remodeling Contractor. Before hiring a general contractor for home remodeling, you need to be sure to properly vet the service so that you are confident you have chosen a skilled and reputable professional.
Best 16 Altering Remodeling Contractors in Excel, AL with ...
Altering Remodeling Contractors in Excel on YP.com. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Altering & Remodeling Contractors in Excel, AL.
Top 10 Best Excel AL Home Remodeling Contractors | Angie's ...
Read real reviews and see ratings for Excel, AL Home Remodeling Contractors for free! This list will help you pick the right pro Home Remodel in Excel, AL. Top 10 Best Excel AL Home Remodeling Contractors | Angie's List