Hiring a Home Remodeling Contractor in Greensboro Alabama
So you have finally decided that it’s time to find a home remodeling contractor in Greensboro AL for a kitchen or bathroom makeover. Or maybe you decided that it’s time to start that basement finishing project that you have been putting off for too long. But now that you have made your decision, just how do you find and hire a company that will complete your project to your satisfaction? And, most importantly, complete it at a price that you can afford? A residential general contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger home improvement or construction company. They should offer a wide range of services and have an excellent reputation for quality work at reasonable prices. And for your convenience, you should be able to receive quotes prior to making your final decision. That way you will avoid surprises by knowing how much the job will cost before work begins. So now that you know what you want, let’s take a look at how you can find and hire a professional home improvement contractor.
Home Makeover Services
As previously mentioned, it is important to find a remodeling specialist that offers a wide range of services. They should be able to handle all facets of the makeover, including carpentry, plumbing and electrical work. Most Greensboro AL contractors can offer their services for any area of your home. Following is a partial list of some of those service offered by most companies in your area. This list is not all inclusive, so if there is a service that you are interested not listed, be sure to inquire with your quote request.
- Home Repairs and Restoration
- Home Remodeling
- Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling
- Garage and Basement Remodeling
- Home Additions
- Major Renovations for Multiple Rooms
- Renovations to Accommodate a Disability
- Partial or Complete Rebuild or Construction
In general , any service related to the improvement of your home can be accommodated by a local Greensboro AL home makeover professional.
Choosing a Remodeling Contractor
Before hiring a general contractor for home remodeling, you need to be sure to properly vet the service so that you are confident you have chosen a skilled and reputable professional. Most Cities and States do have laws in place that provide some protection by establishing minimum standards and licensing for remodeling companies. However, although Greensboro AL remodelers must abide by these laws, they do not always do so. And they do not guarantee that you will not be the victim of poor or shoddy workmanship, delays, or just plain bad results. So for your own protection, be sure to use the following guidelines to properly vet your potential remodeling expert before hiring him or her for your kitchen, bathroom or basement project.
- Get referrals. Asking for referrals from satisfied customers is one of the best ways to find a reputable and professional Greensboro AL home remodeling contractor. Asking friends and family members who have used a remodeling company is always a good place to start. You can also ask contractors that you have worked with if they can recommend a good company. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area. They will also ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free no obligation quotes by clicking the request form on this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, Greensboro or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews, such as Google + Local and Yelp, and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take to complete the job or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Greensboro AL remodeling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they recommend this Greensboro AL contractor to friends or family?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Greensboro AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the issuing insurance company and very that the policies are current. Ask if they will obtain the Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Greensboro Alabama Interesting Facts
Greensboro is a city in Hale County, Alabama, United States. At the 2010 census the population was 2,497, down from 2,731 at the 2000 census. The city is the county seat of Hale County, Alabama, which was not organized until 1867. It is part of the Tuscaloosa, Alabama Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Greensboro was incorporated as a town in December 1823 as "Greensborough". It was named in honor of American Revolutionary War general Nathanael Greene. The name was soon simplified to "Greensboro". The community was known as "Troy" prior to incorporation.
Reflecting the history of the antebellum years and a culture built on cotton plantations to produce the commodity crop, several sites on the National Register of Historic Places in or near Greensboro are connected to this past. These include Glencairn, the Greensboro Historic District, Magnolia Grove, the McGehee-Stringfellow House, Millwood, and the Payne House.
One hundred years later, African Americans in Greensboro were among those in the state continuing to work to regain their civil rights after years of second-class status under Jim Crow. Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., leader of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, came here in the course of his civil rights projects in the state. In 1968, he hid from Ku Klux Klan members in what is now operated as the Safe House Black Historic Museum.
Choose the Right Greensboro AL General Contractor
Well there you have it. Now that you have decided to give your home a makeover, it’s not as hard to find and hire a professional home remodeling contractor as you thought. If you follow the steps outlined in this article you can ensure that the home improvement company you hire will do the job right and at a price you can afford. In fact, you can request your free quotes from the preferred referral service on this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed home remodelers servicing Greensboro AL. So what are you waiting for? Find the right professional at the right price now!
More Cities in Alabama