Hiring a Home Remodeling Contractor in Sorrento Florida
So you have finally decided that it’s time to find a home remodeling contractor in Sorrento FL for a kitchen or bathroom makeover. Or maybe you decided that it’s time to start that basement finishing project that you have been putting off for too long. But now that you have made your decision, just how do you find and hire a company that will complete your project to your satisfaction? And, most importantly, complete it at a price that you can afford? A residential general contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger home improvement or construction company. They should offer a wide range of services and have an excellent reputation for quality work at reasonable prices. And for your convenience, you should be able to receive quotes prior to making your final decision. That way you will avoid surprises by knowing how much the job will cost before work begins. So now that you know what you want, let’s take a look at how you can find and hire a professional home improvement contractor.
Home Makeover Services
As previously mentioned, it is important to find a remodeling specialist that offers a wide range of services. They should be able to handle all facets of the makeover, including carpentry, plumbing and electrical work. Most Sorrento FL contractors can offer their services for any area of your home. Following is a partial list of some of those service offered by most companies in your area. This list is not all inclusive, so if there is a service that you are interested not listed, be sure to inquire with your quote request.
- Home Repairs and Restoration
- Home Remodeling
- Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling
- Garage and Basement Remodeling
- Home Additions
- Major Renovations for Multiple Rooms
- Renovations to Accommodate a Disability
- Partial or Complete Rebuild or Construction
In general , any service related to the improvement of your home can be accommodated by a local Sorrento FL home makeover professional.
Choosing a Remodeling Contractor
Before hiring a general contractor for home remodeling, you need to be sure to properly vet the service so that you are confident you have chosen a skilled and reputable professional. Most Cities and States do have laws in place that provide some protection by establishing minimum standards and licensing for remodeling companies. However, although Sorrento FL remodelers must abide by these laws, they do not always do so. And they do not guarantee that you will not be the victim of poor or shoddy workmanship, delays, or just plain bad results. So for your own protection, be sure to use the following guidelines to properly vet your potential remodeling expert before hiring him or her for your kitchen, bathroom or basement project.
- Get referrals. Asking for referrals from satisfied customers is one of the best ways to find a reputable and professional Sorrento FL home remodeling contractor. Asking friends and family members who have used a remodeling company is always a good place to start. You can also ask contractors that you have worked with if they can recommend a good company. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area. They will also ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free no obligation quotes by clicking the request form on this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Florida, Sorrento or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Florida Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews, such as Google + Local and Yelp, and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take to complete the job or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Sorrento FL remodeling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they recommend this Sorrento FL contractor to friends or family?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Sorrento FL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the issuing insurance company and very that the policies are current. Ask if they will obtain the Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Sorrento Florida Interesting Facts
The City is an unincorporated part of Lake County and is a part of the Wekiva River Basin. The majority of the area lies along State Road 46 between Mt. Dora and Sanford. Mt. Plymouth is also considered a part of Sorrento.
As of the census of 2000, there were 765 people, 269 households, and 203 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 591.2 people per square mile (229.0/km²). There were 286 housing units at an average density of 221.0/sq mi (85.6/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 89.54% White, 0.78% African American, 0.78% Native American, 6.80% from other races, and 2.09% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 17.39% of the population.
There were 269 households out of which 36.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 57.6% were married couples living together, 11.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.5% were non-families. 18.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.84 and the average family size was 3.23.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 28.6% under the age of 18, 8.9% from 18 to 24, 32.4% from 25 to 44, 20.4% from 45 to 64, and 9.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females there were 104.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 103.0 males.
Choose the Right Sorrento FL General Contractor
Well there you have it. Now that you have decided to give your home a makeover, it’s not as hard to find and hire a professional home remodeling contractor as you thought. If you follow the steps outlined in this article you can ensure that the home improvement company you hire will do the job right and at a price you can afford. In fact, you can request your free quotes from the preferred referral service on this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed home remodelers servicing Sorrento FL. So what are you waiting for? Find the right professional at the right price now!
More Cities in Florida
Business Results 1 - 10 of 145
Bing: Sorrento FL Home Remodeling Contractors Search results
Home Repair Contractors, Inc Sorrento Florida
Home Repair Contractors, Inc in Sorrento has been helping families like yours throughout Central Florida for over 30 Years. Year of Experience With over 30 Years of Home Remodeling & Construction experience, you can count on us to deliver a qualified Remodel, no matter the need.
Home Additions Sorrento Florida
Our expertise is in home, kitchen, and bathroom remodeling and is proven in every home addition project we engage in. As a fully licensed and insured contractor, we guarantee that every Home Addition Sorrento we build will incorporate the best designs with exacting craftsmanship. A few of our Home Addition Services: 2nd story addition; Family ...
7 Best Remodeling Contractors - Sorrento FL | Home Additions
Hire the Best Addition and Remodeling Contractors in Sorrento, FL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 63 Homeowner Reviews of Top Sorrento Addition and Remodeling Contractors. Superior Aluminum Installations, Inc., All Phase Home Solutions, LLC, K L Adams, Inc., Murray Construction Services, Inc., Chuchian Construction and Restoration, Inc. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Bathroom Remodeling Sorrento FL | Home Repair Contractors, Inc
DryER Home Repair Contractors Bathroom Remodeling Process. Step 1: Evaluate the Space. The first step to a new Bathroom Remodeling Sorrento FL project is to evaluate your existing space. If your plans include updating or renovating the existing bathroom, think about what you would like to see improved.
3 Best Home Repair & General Contractors - Sorrento FL
Hire the Best General Contractors in Sorrento, FL on HomeAdvisor. Compare Homeowner Reviews from 3 Top Sorrento Major Home Repairs services. Get Quotes & Book Instantly.
The 10 Best Remodeling Contractors in Sorrento, FL 2019 ...
The most trusted remodeling contractors in Sorrento, FL are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local remodeling companies.